Approach child training with fresh inspiration, renewed confidence, and God's blessing.
A sorely needed and thoroughly Biblical study on child training in a day when many parents are being influenced by humanistic principles of child training promoted by the world.
The author has painstakingly researched the meaning of key terms related to child training. He emphasizes God's standard, the Bible, and urges parents to embrace their God-given responsibility and authority to control and teach their children.
What the Bible Says about Child Training provides Biblical answers to your questions:
- How to be successful parents and thereby receive God's promised blessings.
- How to set standards and train up your child in the way he should go.
- How to teach your child in each stage of his development.
- How to understand and control your child's negative behavior traits.
- How to express true love to your child.
- How to identify and conquer your child's rebellion.
- How to punish your child justly and in love.
- How to produce a well-adjusted, confident, morally upright young adult who is prepared for a successful life.
Table of Contents
Section 1: The Parent
- 1. What Do I Do Now?
- 2. God's Promises to Parents
- 3. Parental Accountability
- 4. Principles of Authority
- 5. Parental Authority
- 6. Parental Responsibility
Section 2: The Child
- 7. The Child's Nature
- 8. The Ages of a Child
Section 3: Training Your Children
- 9. What Child Training Means
- 10. Negative Training
- 11. The Two Facets of Child Training
Section 4: Controlling Your Children
- 12. What Control Means
- 13. Where Do I Begin?
- 14. Evaluating the Conflict
- 15. Rebellion
- 16. Chastisement
- 17. The Correct Use of Chastisement
- 18. Control Is Essential to Child Training
Section 5: Teaching Your Children
- 19. What Teaching Means
- 20. Punishment
- 21. Standards
- 22. Rebuke
- 23. Guilt and Confession
- 24. Forgiveness
- 25. Examples
- A. The Bible as a Source of Information for Man
- B. Hope for the Failing Parent
- C. Greek Words Relating to Children
- D. Teenagers