Why, God, Why?
- Paper cover
- 110 pages
- 0.27 lbs
Understanding God when He doesn't seem to understand you
"God, I have so many questions. There are things I just don't understand."
- I prayed for a husband, but you didn't answer. I've prayed for years, but you just ignore me.
- You gave me the desire to be an engineer but failed to provide the money for the education I need.
- Why did you let my mother die after I claimed your power to heal her?
- I've prayed and prayed, but you still haven't given me the money I need to pay off my debts.
- Why did you allow someone to kidnap my innocent little girl and kill her?
- My baby is sick and needs surgery. Are you punishing him because of my sins?
The seed for this book came from questions and complaints like these. Understanding God's answers, or lack of answers, can be hard, even for those who know Him and love Him.
Although the ways of God are often beyond our understanding, we can be sure that He does hear us and care about us. God does not want us to wallow in a maze of despair.
Life has struggles. We all know that. And there are times when we wonder, God, where are you? Why is this happening to me? This book will give us a glimpse of God's love and sovereignty—even amid our trials—and will help us more fully understand the great God we serve.
Table of Contents
- Job Learns About God
- Who Is God?
- Does God Know My Needs?
- Does God Understand Me?
- Is God Really a Good God?
- Is God Fair?
- Can I Trust God?
- Distorted Views of God
- Is God Angry? Vindictive?
- Manipulating God
- What Rights Does God Have?
- What Does God Expect of Me?
- What Can I Expect from God?
- Appendix: A Biblical Description of God
- About the Author