It's Not Your Business
- Paper cover
- 250 pages
- 0.94 lbs
Kingdom-Focused Living Series
Kingdom-centered business in a self-centered world
We rush off to work each morning and wonder—are we too focused on making a living? Our occupations take so much of our time and energy. Are our lives out of balance?
As followers of Jesus, how involved in business should we be? Should we participate in capitalistic America's feverish pursuit of profit and business growth? If not, how do we survive? Surely the Lord wants us to provide for our families!
But could God have a deeper purpose for our businesses than we have realized? What if occupational life, from God's perspective, is intended to play a prominent role in His Kingdom?
In this last book of the Kingdom-Focused Living series, Gary Miller looks for answers to these questions. Whether you own a business or work for someone else, It's Not Your Business will cause you to examine your occupation from a different perspective. Prepare to be challenged!
- Jesus and Proverbs (a more lengthy treatment of Part 2)
Table of Contents
Part 1: Business: How Involved Should I Be?
- 1. Business and the Kingdom of God
- 2. "The Lord Will Provide"
- 3. Business Without Boundaries
- 4. The Slippery Slope
- 5. The Blessing of Industry
- 6. Trusting the "Christian" Businessman
Part 2: Reconciling Jesus and Proverbs
- 7. Getting What We Want from Scripture
- 8. Business and Proverbs
- 9. Business and Jesus
- 10. Reconciling Proverbs and Jesus
- 11. Would Jesus Go Broke?
Part 3: The Sacred and the Secular
- 12. Theological Gymnastics
- 13. Sacred or Secular?
- 14. The Interwoven Life
- 15. Analyzing Your Worldview
Part 4: Kingdom Business: An Intentional Pursuit
- 16. A Kingdom-Focused Foundation
- 17. You're Being Watched!
- 18. What If...?
- 19. "The Dollar Isn't King Here!"
- 20. Obstacles or Opportunities?
Part 5: The Daily Details
- 21. Absolute Integrity
- 22. Dealing with Employees
- 23. A Christian Salesman?
- 24. Dealing with Debt
- 25. The Use of Force
Part 6: An Overarching Vision
- 26. Does Size Matter?
- 27. A Time to Prune
- 28. Business as Missions
- 29. Our Reference Point
- 30. What Would God Want Me to Do?
- 31. The Power of Perspective