Grade 2 Climbing to Good English - Set
- Paper cover
- 1.88 lbs
This Schoolaid Language Series is designed by Schoolaid to complement the Pathway Reader Series by extending in phonics and reading comprehension, grammar and composition.
Language skills taught:
- Phonics skills reinforced.
- Penmanship improvement practiced.
- Capitalizing sentences, names of people, places, days, months and holidays.
- Punctuating ends of sentences, abbreviations, initials, greetings and closings of letters, dates, after yes and no.
- Working with compound words, plurals, contractions, possessives, suffixes, prefixes, synonyms, antonyms, homonyms.
- Reading respellings and using the dictionary.
- Dividing words into syllables and listening for accents.
- Learning the concept of nouns, verbs, modifiers, prepositions, and prepositional phrases.
- Practicing correct usage of some verb forms.
- Writing original sentences, letters, stories, and book reports.