Especially for students ages 14 and up, grades 9-11
This newly revised high school dictionary is a great study aid for students building vocabulary and preparing for college level reading.
- Comprehensive Coverage More than 100,000 entries provide authoritative meanings, spellings, and pronunciations to help students communicate effectively.
- Up-To-Date Content New words and definitions span a variety of fields including technology, health, science, and society, and cover the vocabulary needed today.
- Word Guidance Nearly 1,000 carefully drawn illustrations and tables and more than 28,000 usage examples clarify and expand understanding.
- Practical Information Special sections contain abbreviations, biographical and geographical names, signs and symbols, and a Handbook of Style.
- Unmatched Quality Assured authority from the reference experts at Merriam-Webster. Based on the best-selling Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
- Using the Dictionary
- Abbreviations Used in This Dictionary
- Pronunciation Symbols
- A Dictionary of the English Language
- Abbreviations and Symbols for Chemical Elements
- Biographical, Biblical, and Mythological Names
- Geographical Names
- Signs and Symbols
- A Handbook of Style