Flash cards for Grade 1 Reading 2nd Edition (1985-1986). This edition is not directly compatible with the current 3rd edition (2016)—the individual cards are almost all the same, but with a different sequencing system.
186 cards; size: 4" x 6"
The Phonics cards are divided into 10 sets as follows:
- 1—The Alphabet (26 cards)
- 2—Consonant Sounds (21 cards)
- 3—Vowel Sounds (17 cards)
- 4—Combination Sounds (6 cards)
- 5—Digraphs (23 cards)
- 6—Consonant Blends (39 cards)
- 7—Diphthongs (4 cards)
- 8—Letters with more than one sound (8 cards)
- 9—Letter Sounds With Certain Letters (27 cards)
- 10—Silent Letters (15 cards)
Following is a list of what appears on each card, front and back. Due to the limitations of text online, the graphical presentation of each card and its phonetic symbols is not completely represented.