The Bible in My Heart [Book 1] Coloring Book
- Soft cover
- 54 pages
- 0.4 lbs
Also available in this set.
Designed for children ages 2 - 4.
Dear fellow parents,
The idea for this book sprouted when I wanted to teach my children to memorize Scripture verses. I was looking for a book that had a verse to memorize, a story to explain the verse, and an activity to help the child remember what he had learned. When I did not find one, I decided to make my own. Now I would like to share it with you.
I wanted the verses my children learned to be more than merely a recitation. I wanted them to understand how God's Word applies to their lives.
The stories help to do this; but as a parent, you should also keep your eyes open for opportunities in real life to reinforce the lessons taught in these verses. Read Deuteronomy 6:5-9.
What is the value of teaching Bible verses to such young children? With enough explanation, even a young child can understand truth amazingly well. If your child does not find memorization easy, he can still benefit from the stories. God's Word will not return to Him void. See Isaiah 55:11.
A friend commented that she could recite many nursery rhymes before she went to school, but she said, "What help has it been to me in life?" Another mother who was also teaching Bible verses to her young children (they were three and not quite two) made the comment, "The bad will come, so I want to work at filling their minds with good things." May we take this responsibility seriously, counting it a privilege.
In the back of this book, you will find a chart with reduced pictures to go with each verse. You can remove the chart from the book and put it on a wall or door at your child's level. You could use stickers, draw a happy face, color the box, or cut small pictures from a magazine to glue beside the verse pictures as your child learns them. Since the book is geared toward children who are too young to read, the pictures will give them prompts as they recite all the verses they have learned so far. For my own children, I said the first word of each verse to prompt them, since they learned these verses before the chart was made.
My prayer and desire for this work is that many young hearts could grow in their understanding of God's Word and that God would receive all the honor and glory for it.
- "All scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16
- "Be ye kind one to another." Ephesians 4:32
- "Children, obey your parents." Ephesians 6:1
- "Draw nigh to God." James 4:8
- "Even a child is known by his doings." Proverbs 20:11
- "For there is one God." 1 Timothy 2:5
- "Giving thanks always for all things." Ephesians 5:20
- "Honour thy father and thy mother." Exodus 20:12
- "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5
- "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8
- "Keep that which is committed to thy trust." 1 Timothy 6:20
- "Lo, I am with you alway." Matthew 28:20
- "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD." Psalm 100:1
- "Neglect not the gift that is in thee." 1 Timothy 4:14
- "Obey them that have the rule over you." Hebrews 13:17
- "Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- "Quench not the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:19
- "Rejoice with them that do rejoice." Romans 12:15
- "Speak every man truth with his neigbour." Ephesians 4:25
- "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear." Hebrews 13:6
- "Unto us a child is born." Isaiah 9:6
- "Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep" Exodus 31:13
- "Wisdom is better than strength." Ecclesiastes 9:16
- "Exhort one another daily." Hebrews 3:13
- "Ye also helping together by prayer." 2 Corinthians 1:11
- "Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down." Luke 19:5