Book Two of Bible Stories for Young Readers Series.
Ape A big monkey with no tail (1 Kings 10:22)
Solomon was a king. He was very rich. He had gold, silver, and nearly everything else he wanted. Once every three years some men came to him. They brought him some apes from far away across the sea.
Did you know that the Bible talks about apes, badgers, ferrets, hornets, kites, and pelicans? It does, along with many, many more animals and little creatures.
Taking each letter of the alphabet, Dictionary of Bible Animals tell about the animals of the Bible. Written for young readers.
- Aa - adder, ant, ape
- Bb - badger, bear, bee, bullock
- Cc - calf, camel, colt, coney
- Dd - Dog, dove
- Ee - eagle, elephant
- Ff - ferret, fish, fox, frog
- Gg - goat
- Hh - hart, heifer, hornet, horse
- Ii - insects (ant, bee, beetle, flea, fly, gnat, grasshopper, hornet, lice, locust)
- Jj - jackrabbit
- Kk - kid, kine, kite
- Ll - lamb, lion, locust
- Mm - moth, mouse, mule
- Nn - nighthawk
- Oo - ostrich, owl, ox
- Pp - peacock, pelican, pigeon
- Qq - quail
- Rr - ram, raven
- Ss - serpent, sheep, sparrow, swine
- Tt - tortoise, turtledove
- Uu - unicorn
- Vv - viper, vulture
- Ww - weasel, whale, wolf
- Xx - foX, oX
- Yy - yoke
- Zz - zebra