Many years ago, patient Job endured the vengeful attacks of the enemy of his soul; faithful Christians of today are still the object of Satan's attacks. Sometimes God withdraws the protective hedge enough to allow great difficulties to assail His people and forthwith bring glory to Him.
in this present-day story, Daniel Glauben and his wife, Mary Ellen, face a serious of difficulties that threaten to drag them into a whirlpool of despair. One by one, normal life patterns and earthly securities collapse before them. But Satan's power is limited, and although God has opened the hedge, His overruling hand holds the Glaubens safe in His care.
- Part One: "The Lord Hath Taken"
- Part Two: "Shall We Receive Good and Not Evil"
- Part Three: "Though He Slay Me"
- Part Four: "Miserable Comforters Are Ye All"
- Part Five: Turning the Captivity