Grade 7 Bible "God Visits His Chosen Family" Set
- 2.66 lbs
Grade 7 begins a survey of New Testament history, covering the events of Jesus' earthly ministry and the beginning of the New Testament church. The pupil studies the sequence of Jesus' birth, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension, comparing the four Gospel records to better understand the overall picture. Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament take on new meaning as the pupil considers the significance of Jesus' life and teaching. He learns how the church began and how God worked though His people to spread the Gospel "into all the world."
The Bible is the pupil's textbook. The workbook guides the pupil through the study of the Bible as he looks up verses and then answers the questions. A variety of question types include multiple choice and filling in the blanks. There are also time line studies and vocabulary exercises involving the less-familiar Bible words. Most of the lessons include a section entitled "Learn More About Bible Times," in which the pupil studies people and geography of that era.
The pupil's book has 30 lessons divided into 6 chapters, a review for each chapter, and a final review. A test for each chapter and a final test are available in a separate booklet with tear-out sheets.
The teacher's manual has a reduced copy of the pupil's workbook with the answers filled in. Oral reviews, main points, and other notes to the teacher are in the margins.
Table of Contents
- Time Line
- Teacher's Introduction
Chapter One - Jesus Comes to Minister
- 1. Introduction to the New Testament
- 2. The Coming of Jesus Announced
- 3. Jesus' Birth and Childhood
- 4. John the Baptist Introduces Jesus
- 5. Jesus Begins His Ministry
- Chapter One Review
Chapter Two - Acceptance and Rejection
- 6. Jesus' Fame Spreads
- 7. Jesus Serves the Galileans
- 8. The Sabbath and the Pharisees
- 9. Jesus Calls Believers
- 10. Jesus Instructs His Followers
- Chapter Two Review
Chapter Three - Jesus Ministers to Jews and Gentiles
- 11. Miracles in Galilee
- 12. Jesus Teaches in Parables
- 13. Believers and Unbelievers
- 14. Jesus-the Bread of Life
- 15. Jesus Goes to the Gentiles
- Chapter Three Review
Chapter 4 - Jesus Ministers in Judea and Perea
- 16. Who Is Jesus?
- 17. Jesus—A Servant to Mankind
- 18. Acceptance and Rejection at Jerusalem
- 19. The Perean Parables
- 20. Jesus—Steadfast in a Gathering Storm
- Chapter Four Review
Chapter Five - Jesus Completes His Work
- 21. Jesus Returns to Jerusalem
- 22. Jesus' Final Public Discourses
- 23. Jesus' Last Days With His Disciples
- 24. The Lamb of God
- 25. "Behold, I Am Alive for Evermore"
- Chapter Five Review
Chapter Six - God Calls a New People
- 26. The Church Is Born
- 27. The Gospel Spreads Throughout Palestine
- 28. The Gospel Spreads Through Asia
- 29. The Gospel Spreads to Europe
- 30. "I Have Fought a Good Fight"
- Chapter Six Review
- Final Review - Reviewing What You Have Learned