Inside and Outside has a woodlands theme.
- Practice neatness and carefulness in use and care of books.
- Follow directions such as coloring, tracing, writing, drawing, counting, matching, cutting, and pasting.
- Use the eight basic colors and introduce the color pink.
- Use the four simple shapes and introduce the diamond shape.
- Count and write numbers by 1's and 2's to 12, and by 10's to 100.
- Count and identify numbers by 1's to 25.
- Practice concepts: left or right; large or small; first or last; same, more or less; empty or full; longer, shorter, or taller.
- Introduce the thermometer used to measure temperatures.
- Consider the changes through the four seasons of the year.
- Consider outdoor weather as sunny, rainy, windy, cloudy, and snowy.
- Learn about woodlands of America, Europe, and Asia.
- Many animals, birds, and insects live in woodlands.
- Consider inside and outside of woodland homes.
- Consider the size, sounds, food, and more of woodland animals.
- Some animals hibernate and some migrate.