Also available in the preschool complete program set.
Hearing and Helping, with a rain forest theme, includes practice in hearing initial consonant sounds and rhyming words; understanding words in sentence context, as well as following instructions. Exercises also include examples of families and children helping others.
- Practice neatness and carefulness in use and care of books.
- Follow directions such as coloring, tracing, writing, drawing, counting, matching, cutting, and pasting.
- Practice use of basic colors, shapes, and numbers.
- Hear words that are similar or opposite.
- Hear initial sounds: /ch/, /p/, /g/, /m/, /c/, /d/.
- Hear rhyming sounds.
- Hear and follow simple directions.
- Hear and understand sentence meanings.
- Appreciate helpfulness of families and friends.
- Learn the joy of being a helper to our family and friends.
- Learn about warm, wet rain forests in tropical lands.
- Many animals, birds, and insects live in rain forests.
- Harpy eagles, jaguars, macaws, new world monkeys, quetzals, sloths, and toucans live in Central and South America.
- Chimpanzees and hippopotamuses live in Africa.
- Peacocks and tigers live in Asia.
- Hornbills live in Africa and Asia.