Counting With Numbers teaches the child to identify, write, and know the meaning of numbers 1 through 10. It teaches number sequence (after, before, and between) and simple math-related words, such as more, less, first, and last.
- Practice carefulness in use of books.
- Practice neatness in all work.
- Review from previous books:
- Proceed from top to bottom and from left to right.
- Follow directions of matching, crossing out, circling, underlining, cutting, pasting, coloring, and simple drawing.
- Recognize shapes as square, circle, triangle.
- Math concepts and word meanings:
- Identify, write, and know meanings of numbers zero through ten.
- Supply missing numbers in sequence which comes after, before, and between.
- More (greater than), less (fewer than), and same (equal to)
- Longer, shorter, and taller, shorter
- First and last
- Empty (zero), full (whole), and one-half