Hard cover; 1251 pages
Especially for students ages 14 and up
- Comprehensive Coverage More than 100,000 entries provide authoritative definitions, spellings, and pronunciations to help students write and speak effectively.
- Up-To-Date Content Thousands of new words ranging from the technical vocabulary of science and electronics to an expanded coverage of everyday phrases and idioms of modern culture.
- User-Friendly More than 1,000 carefully drawn illustrations and tables and more than 15,000 usage examples clarify meanings and expand understanding.
- Practical Information Special sections contain abbreviations, biographical and geographical names, signs and symbols.
- Using Your Dictionary
- Abbreviations Used in This Dictionary
- Pronunciation Symbols
- A Dictionary of the English Language
- Abbreviations and Symbols for Chemical Elements
- Biographical, Biblical, and Mythological Names
- Geographical Names
- Signs and Symbols
- A Handbook of Style