Hard cover; 192 pages
3 available for immediate shipment.
Prayer is man's sincere effort to establish contact with God. Prayer, at its best, is man's reverent but intimate communion with God. Man is finite; God is infinite. Will any contact of finite man with the infinite God exhaust the potential of prayer? The possibilities are unlimited; the revelation is never finished. There is always more to seek, more to discover, more to tell.
This book shows that prayer is closely associated with faith, obedience, victory, and spiritual growth. Prayer is essential in all circumstances of life, whether peace and plenty or sorrow and suffering. Rich blessings are in store for all who pursue a sincere quest in prayer.
- 1. Beginning Our Quest in Prayer
- 2. What Is Prayer?
- 3. Prayer and Man's Knowledge of God
- 4. Prayer and the Holiness of God
- 5. How Do We Approach God?
- 6. The Holy Spirit and Prayer
- 7. Praying in the Spirit
- 8. Prayer and the Word of God
- 9. Praying in Faith
- 10. Praying in Submission
- 11. Prayer and Obedience
- 12. Prayer and a Victorious Life
- 13. Peace Through a Life of Prayer
- 14. Growth Through Prayer
- 15. Prayer and the Abundant Life
- 16. Blessings of Prayer
- 17. Praying in Love and Sacrifice
- 18. Praying in Sorrow and Suffering
- 19. The Prayer of Intercession
- 20. The Prayer of Thanksgiving
- 21. Praying in Jesus' Name
- 22. Our Merciful and Faithful High Priest
- 23. "Lord, Teach Us to Pray"
- 24. The Lord's Prayer
- 25. Wrestling in Prayer
- 26. Hindrances to Prayer
- 27. The Misuse of Prayer
- 28. Prayerlessness
- 29. Obstructed Prayers
- 30. Prayer and Our Sins
- 31. Why God Answers Prayer
- 32. Private, Personal Prayer
- 33. Public Prayer
- 34. Prayer, the Hope of the World