Also available in this set for parents.
See also the companion Study Guide.
Are you a teenager setting goals and ideals? Or a young mother caring for a family? Are you single or widowed and find the challenges of life discouraging and difficult? Perhaps the children have all flown from the nest and you find no fulfillment in life. Whatever your lot, A Virtuous Woman offers encouragement and direction for the Christian woman.
A Virtuous Woman tells about the goals a godly mother sets for the children and about the kind of home she provides for them. How does she relate to her teenage sons and daughters and to her married children? What about adoption of a special child?
A Virtuous Woman defines the Christian woman's role as she steps beyond her home into the church and foreign fields. Though she may never venture much farther than her own small community, her faith and godly example spread as ripples sent adrift in the ocean.
With God's help, you and I can be virtuous women. The church needs women who are strong in the faith and committed, humble servants for His glory. This ideal is lofty, yet attainable, and it requires effort, discipline, and the grace of God.
Table of Contents
- 1. A Mother's Foundation
- 2. A Mother's Fortification
- 3. A Mother's Goals for Herself
- 4. A Mother's Adornment
- 5. A Virtuous Woman
- 6. Relating to Her Husband
- 7. A Mother Reaching Out
- 8. Problems Mothers Face
- 9. Building Sound Family Life
- 10. Relationships That Build Sound Family Life
- 11. Hindrances to Sound Family Life
- 12. Goals for Our Children
- 13. Proper Attitudes Toward Children
- 14. Meeting the Needs of Our Children
- 15. Training and Disciplining Our Children
- 16. Child-Rearing Challenges
- 17. Relating to Our Teenagers
- 18. Relating to Our Daughters
- 19. Relating to Our Sons
- 20. The Married Child
- 21. Mother, an Example in Purity
- 22. Guarding Our Children's Innocence
- 23. Adoption
- 24. The Special Child
- 25. Trials and Afflictions
- 26. Mothering Alone
- 27. Money Matters
- 28. As We Grow Older