Do It Carefully introduces discriminating shapes, letters, and a few words; writing letters and the child's name; and hearing several initial consonant sounds.
- Practice neatness and carefulness in following directions.
- Review from previous books.
- Proceed from top to bottom and from left to right
- Follow directions of matching, crossing out, circling, underlining, cutting, pasting, coloring, simple drawing, and counting.
- Recognize the shape of a square, circle, and triangle.
- Print letters of the alphabet.
- Practice strokes are introduced.
- Letters spelling child's name should be learned.
- Hear initial consonant sounds of /sh/, /m/, /t/, /f/, and /z/.
- Make associations, as sequence, things used together, parts of things, group similarities.
- Practice word meanings, as larger, smaller, and summer, winter.